Are you still considering your next step after leaving school this summer? Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? The BMC accommodation offer could be the perfect solution!
On-site, fully-catered accommodation is available at our Brooksby Campus. Depending on your circumstances, there may also be the option of private rental within Melton Mowbray. There is a wide range of student housing across Leicestershire within suitable travel distance, which may be suitable for you during your time at BMC.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for you to spread your wings, gain more independence, and join BMC on one of our specialist vocational courses – specifically designed to kick start your career in the industry you’ve always wanted to work in. So whether you dream of working in farming, countryside management, horticulture, equine, animal management or sport, don’t let distance stop you!
All accommodation includes:
- Communal lounge with television (students will have to provide their own TV and licence in their private rooms)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Each bedroom is furnished with a bed, desk, wardrobe, chair and shelving
- Single or shared rooms available
- In accordance with Ofsted Care Standards requirements, a wardening service is in place
- Utility bills are included (gas, electric and water)
- Car parking on site
- Facilities for making refreshments
- Laundry facilities
- All meals provided
- Access to livery stabling for residential students with horses
- 24 hour Security Service
The college will provide full board and lodge, including breakfast, lunch and an evening meal. Menus will reflect a range of dietary needs. Meals are served in the Villiers restaurant or Stable Bar areas.
Social and Sporting Facilities
The campus has a range of social and sporting facilities, including:
- Social area, including a pool table, table tennis, darts and an area for watching films
- Warden service providing a range of social activities and opportunities
- Fully-equipped sports centre with fitness suite, indoor sports hall and full size flood lit 3G pitch
- Equine centre equipped to provide a range of riding lessons
Click here to read our accommodation FAQs for students who are 16-18.
Click here to read our accommodation FAQs for students who are 18+.
See for yourself at a BMC Open Day
A number of open days are available for anyone wishing to come and speak with staff and explore the facilities. Remember – you must attend a Brooksby Campus open day for an accommodation tour.
How to secure a place
Click here to download the accommodation application form. Please send any completed forms email@example.com.
The college offers a means-tested residential bursary to those studying a land-based course who wish to stay in our on-site accommodation during their studies.
Eligible course areas are as follows:
- Animal Care/Animal Management
- Countryside & Environmental Management
- Land-based Service Engineering