- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 year
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £7600
Our students progress to develop careers in animal welfare, dog training, psychology, nutritional development, kennel/cattery management, education, zoo management, animal rehabilitation, animal research development, conservation and wildlife ecology.
- 120 Credits at Level 4/Year 1 and 120 Credits at Level 5/Year 2 in a relevant subject (Merit Profile). A bridging assignment may be required.
- Education in the Animal Management Industry
- Research Project
- Management of Animal Collections
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Animal Rehabilitation
- A wide range of animals to work with, including domestic and companion animals, reptiles, amphibians and aquatics, horses and farm livestock.
- Industry-standard equipment, including an aqua treadmill and science laboratories.
- On-site kennel and cattery units.
- Opportunities to work with other course areas and take advantage of their facilities, such as Equine Performance Science and the Brooksby Equestrian Centre.
- On-site accommodation, including free gym membership.
- Situated on a beautiful, 850-acre estate in the heart of Leicestershire.
“I started at BMC 5 years ago doing my Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management and I fell in love with the College, the facilities and the staff. I applied to numerous universities and was accepted into all of them; I actually left BMC for another university but three days into my degree I came back! I missed the College too much: BMC had become a home from home for me. The level of support that I received from the tutors was unbelievable and you honestly couldn’t get it from anywhere else. No matter how many times I asked a question or questioned my own capabilities, the tutors were there for me, motivating me and believing in me! They don’t just care about your grades, you are more than just a statistic to them. They constantly made sure we as students were okay and coping with the degree as well as helping with any problems I was facing outside of college. I have never experienced this level of support anywhere else.
The modules within the degree were varied and I most enjoyed the Animal Rehabilitation and Education modules. The tutors taught these subjects fantastically and they were paired with practical sessions which helped my understanding. I also had the opportunity to visit South Africa twice, and both trips truly were life changing experiences that I wouldn’t have been able to have if it weren’t for BMC!
I am currently studying my PGCE at BMC, and I work as a Training Officer in the Foundation department. My job is so rewarding and I love giving back what I received at BMC; not only is it a fantastic place to study but it’s also a wonderful place to work!”
Tessa Smithson – BSc (Hons) Animal Management (Science & Welfare) Graduate
Want to know more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you an opportunity to meet our expert teaching staff and to take a look at our fantastic facilities – giving you a flavour of what it’s like to be a BMC student!
You can book a place here (just remember to visit the Brooksby Campus, not the Melton Campus!).
*Subject to validation