- Start date: Please see below for start dates
- Duration: A six week course running between 18:00-20:00
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £99.00 (VAT exempt)
The course is aimed at both dog owners and those who may be looking to progress into the field of dog behaviour and training.
The are no academic requirements for entry to this course. You will be required to have a fully vaccinated dog available for some of the sessions (for which evidence will be required, in addition to a signed declaration from you).
- Evolution of the dog and the origins of some of their natural behaviours
- Stages of development from puppy to adulthood
- Recognising and reacting to body language
- Theories of learning
- Dealing with problem behaviours – causes, prevention and treatment (jumping up, separation anxiety etc.)
- Canine aggression
- Practical applications of training
- Organising and running a training class.
How to apply
- Wednesday 25th September 2019
- Thursday 23rd January 2020
- Wednesday 3rd June 2020
To apply Click here to download the course enrolment form. Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to complete the form. Please email any completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.