- Start date: September
- Duration: Part time, 2 year course (1 evening per week plus two Saturday workshops)
- Location: Melton
- Fees: £3000 per year
Upon completion you will be able to teach in the Further Education & Skills sector of eduction.
- Level 3 qualification in the subject area in which you wish to teach
- Level 2 English and Mathematics
- You will also require Enhanced Closure clearance through the Disclosure and Barring Service and a health declaration prior to enrolment on the course
About the course
This is a full teacher education course for non-graduates who wish to teach in the Further Education & Skills sector of education. This can include adult and community education, further education, sixth form colleges, universities, the prison and probation services, pre-employment training and work-based learning.
The programme is validated by University of Bolton, one of the leading universities for Initial Teacher Education. As part of your studies you will be required to carry out a teaching placement for a minimum of 100 hours of teaching over the duration of the programme. Placements are available in house, but due to demand, are on a first come, first served basis.
A range of specialist subjects are available, including:
- Animal Management
- Beauty Therapy
- Equine Management
- Hairdressing (including Media Make-up)
- Land Based Studies (including Agriculture)
- Performing Arts