- Start date: Thursday 24th February 2022 9:30am-13:30pm
- Duration: The main courses will take place over 20 weeks
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £1100 (VAT exempt).
A non-refundable deposit of £200.00 will be requested once a place on the course is offered.
Learners may wish to progress onto the City & Guilds Level 3 Dog Grooming qualification.
Please see ‘specific entry requirements’ section below.
About the Course
This course incorporates working with a variety of breeds and coat types in an intimate group, enabling the fully qualified tutor to provide each candidate with time to build their confidence and skill set.
Specific Entry Requirements
- We highly recommend you have access to a minimum of two dogs throughout the duration of the course (with proof of up to date vaccinations)
- All dogs must be over the age of 6 months
- Applicants will be considered on an individual basis.
- Candidates must attend all lessons.
Modules (Level 2 Dog Grooming)
- Prepare and groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe and clean dogs
- Clean and maintain equipment used for grooming
- Control and restrain animals
- Dry dogs and prepare their coats for styling
- Move animals between locations
What will you gain?
- Skills and confidence to progress onto Level 3
- Ability to prepare dogs prior to grooming
- Ability to safely move dogs between locations
- A recognised professional qualification within the industry
- An understanding of how to safely administer First Aid and CPR to canines in an emergency situation
- A knowledge of how to maintain canine health
“I attended Brooksby Melton College for the Level 2 Dog Grooming course and followed on to complete the Level 3 Diploma. My aim was to one day set up my own dog grooming business.
The tuition was to an exceptionally high standard, the dog grooming facilities were excellent and the environment was friendly, making it such an enjoyable place to study. The course included theory and practical lessons. I learnt so much from the 2 years of studying, from understanding canine anatomy to learning how to style different breeds to a high standard. The dog grooming facilities were fabulous, including baths, tables, dryers and every dog grooming tool imaginable! Everything was of a high quality and kept very clean. Donna’s expertise, knowledge and ongoing support enabled me to have the confidence and skills to achieve my dreams of setting up my own business.” – Hannah Dadge
“I first came to Brooksby Melton College in June 2018 when I decided to look at a career change and booked onto the dog grooming taster day. I was extremely nervous about going back to college after 30 years but I was immediately put at ease by Donna and thoroughly enjoyed the day. I booked onto the Level 2 and requested that Donna must be my tutor.
Donna is extremely supportive and encouraging as a tutor and has a lovely approach to teaching and has done a lot for my confidence and self-esteem. I am now completing the Level 3 with some excellent results, which I wouldn’t have achieved without Donna’s guidance, excellent skills and knowledge sharing.
Many thanks for everything, Donna!” – Marie McSeveney
“I did my Level 3 course at Brooksby Melton College. It was a great course which I really enjoyed. I had done my Level 2 course at a different college, which was a very stressful and unenjoyable experience. The difference in quality of teaching and enjoyment of the course couldn’t have been greater at BMC! This was mainly due to the tutor, Donna Lord, who is extremely professional, organised, always has the welfare of the dogs in mind, and is 100% dedicated to her students and making the course enjoyable and fun. Her style of teaching is relaxed, calm and always positive, which both inspires her students and gives them confidence. As a group, we had the occasional moment of panic (forgetting to change the clipper blade and shaving a strip with a 10 blade down a poodle’s back!) and anxiety before exams – Donna was unfailingly supportive and encouraging, and her good humour helped us all get through with the minimum of worry or stress. I loved every minute of my Level 3 and would absolutely and whole-heartedly recommend Brooksby and Donna!” – Melissa Tyler
How to Apply
As a first step, please print off then complete and return one of our application forms. The form may be found here.
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.