- Start date: September
- Duration: 2 years
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £7500 per year
Students are able to progress onto the BSc Animal Management (Science and Welfare) (Top-up).
- Year 1: 72 UCAS points. Level 3 Extended Diploma in a relevant topic or 3 A levels (1 x Science preferred).
- Year 2: 120 Credits at Level 4 in relevant subject. A bridging assignment may also be required.
Year 1 Modules
- Animal Management and Welfare (Domestics and Exotics)
- Animal Science
- Animal Behaviour and Comparative Psychology
- Zoological Research Methods
- Natural History, Evolution and Domestication
- Principles of Veterinary Health
- Human and Animal Interactions
Year 2 Modules
- Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry
- Principles of Veterinary Nursing
- Wildlife Management and Ecology
- Industry Experience
- Animal Learning and Training
- Animal Law and Ethics
- Mammalian Breeding and Genetics
Enrichment and Employability
As part of your course you will have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of previous students. Over the years, students have participated in industry-based trips to places such as London Zoo, National History Museum, Chester Zoo, Twycross Whipsnade, Tree for Life Conservation, international trips, and Dodson and Horrell. Students have also benefitted from guest talks from industry specialists.
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you the opportunity to meet our industry-expert lecturers and tour our state-of-the-art facilities.
Click here to find out more and book your place.