- Start date: September 2022
- Duration: 2 Years Full-Time
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £7600 per year
Students who successfully complete this course will be eligible to apply for a BSc (Top-up) degree programme either at SMB Group or other institutions to gain a full degree.
The demand for this roles in this sector is increasing as the new Agriculture Act, and changes in technology and innovation of farming and land management practices, is opening up possibilities for improvement in sustainability and efficiency in farming, as well as linked possibilities in other land-based industries such as forestry and waterway management.
The course will include knowledge of farming and other land-based enterprises, ecology and environmental management, survey methods particularly focused on environmental survey techniques, report and management plan writing and presentation, consultancy skills, sustainability, legislation, practical land management skills and work experience.
The vast majority of ecology and environmental management jobs now require qualifications at level 4, 5 and 6 and this course aims to equip you with not only the theoretical knowledge required in industry but with opportunities to practice and apply that knowledge as well.
96 UCAS points from Vocational or A-level routes, or an Access to HE qualification in a relevant subject.
Mature students that do not meet standard entry requirements (as above) will be considered based on additional industry experience.
- Policy and Principles of Sustainability
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Introduction to Ecology
- Climate and Soil
- Plant, Land and Environment Interactions
- Sustainable Woodland Management
- Environmental Water Management
- Applied Ecosystem Management
- Professional Practice in Land Based Industries
Why study with us?
- This course will focus on the application of theory heavily influenced by recent and upcoming legislative changes particularly the Agriculture Act 2020 and the upcoming Environment Act.
- Modules have been selected on the basis of industry requirements for graduate level skills required by environmental and agricultural advisors and consultants.
- We have unique access to a 21 acre sylvopastoral agroforestry system on our college farm which students will be in running.
- State of the art glasshouses and growing facilities to enrich and enhance plant science aspects of the course.
- Links with industry bodies and employers.
On-site accommodation is available for this course.