- Start date: September 2022
- Duration: 2 years
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £7500 per year
Students are able to progress onto a top-up course in Equine to complete their degree.
- Year 1: 72 UCAS points. Level 3 Extended Diploma in a vocationally relevant subject or 3 A Levels (preferably 1 in a science subject)
- Year 2: 120 credits at Level 4/Year 1 in a relevant subject. A bridging assignment may be required.
Students are required to undertake a range of modules in order to give them a rounded programme of study and ensure they reach the level of academia and scientific understanding often required in graduate job roles. You will learn how to analyse and evaluate, and will use scientific literature to reinforce your findings.
The College has a multitude of industry links which we have developed over the past twenty years, enabling us to integrate work-based learning with Higher Education. You will even have opportunities to shadow high-level coaches (including from Leicester Tigers, Mansfield Town Football Club, BHS and UKCC Equestrian coaches), physiotherapists and personal trainers.
Students have access to our Equestrian Centre and Equine Rehabilitation Centre, allowing them to gain hands-on experience and put theory into practice. You will have access to free British Horse Society examination training and riding lessons, which will increase employability and enhance equitation skills.
As part of your course, you will have the opportunity take part in the following enrichment activities: charity events, various trips and visits (previously, students have visited Dubai, the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, Blenheim and Burghley Horse Trials, Olympia, Ireland and more), student voice, access to the gym, BHS training and exams. Students also benefited from guest talks from industry specialists and successful BMC alumni.
- Practical Skills for the Equine Industry
- Small Business Management
- Research Skills
- Principles of Sports Coaching
- Equestrian Sports and Competition Analysis
- Introduction to Performance Analysis
- Practical Management of the Performance Horse
- Research Methods on Topical Issues
- Applied Sports Coaching
- Industry Experience
- Small Business Enterprise
- Strength and Conditioning Injury Prevention
**Modules are subject to change
- Equestrian Centre with stabling for 36 horses
- Equine Rehabilitation Centre
- Water Treadmill
- Mechanical Horse
- Two Indoor Arenas (60m x 30m; 20m x 40m)
- Outdoor competition arena (80m x 40x)
- Opportunities to work with other course areas and take advantage of their facilities, such as Sports Science and Animal Management
- On-site accommodation, including free gym membership
- Livery options available
- Situated on a beautiful 850-acre estate in the heart of Leicestershire
Scholarship and bursary opportunities are available to HE Equine students, including possible free accommodation (worth £5000).
Please click here for more information.
Want to know more? Come along to a BMC Open Event!
Our Undergraduate Open Events give you an opportunity to meet our expert teaching staff and to take a look at our fantastic facilities – giving you a flavour of what it’s like to be a BMC student!
You can book a place here (just remember to visit the Brooksby Campus, not the Melton Campus!).
*This course will run subject to approval by the University of East Anglia (UEA). This means the course is currently going through UEA’s process to confirm the course will lead to a UEA award. Course re-approval will take place in 2021/22 and is expected to be confirmed by August 2022.