- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time 1 year course, running over 3 and half days per week.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
The introduction to bricklaying, plastering, plumbing, decorating and civil engineering give students the basis for entering a career in any of these areas.
1 GCSE at Grade E/2 or above including English. Plus an Initial Assessment at Interview.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Health and Safety
- Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Painting and Decorating
- Cutting-edge teaching and learning zones.
- Industry-standard tools and materials.
- 850 acre Brooksby Estate.
- Industry visits and trips.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Agriculture and Countryside Management.
- Real life work experience on the 850 acre Brooksby Estate.
- Attend large national events such as the Timber Expo, the Construction Show and the Painting and Decorating Show.
- Industry visits, including trip to Westleigh homes.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Forklift Truck Operations or Emergency First Aid.
Leicester Tigers Rugby Pathway
If you are a keen rugby player you will have the opportunity to train with Leicester Tigers community coaches throughout your course.
If you are interested in pursuing this pathway alongside your qualification, click here to find out more.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.