- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (Full Time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
This course provides you with a well-rounded skillset within the Land Based Industries. You may wish to build on this skillset by progressing onto other land-based courses or an apprenticeship.
1 GCSE at Grade E/2 or above.
Here at BMC, we’ve been delivering land-based courses for generations!
We’ve got some truly fantastic facilities for land-based learning, including:
- 850-acre countryside estate – the Brooksby Campus!
- A working livestock & arable farm
- Several acres of gardens
- State-of-the-art glasshouse facilities
- Purpose-built workshops
The vocational delivery of our courses enables you to get the very best out of your time at BMC. Upon successful completion of this course, you’ll be prepared to further your land-based education by studying a Level 2 course in Agriculture, Horticulture or Countryside Management.
- Safe and Effective Practices in the Land-based Industries
- Developing Performance in the Land-based Industries
- Industry Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Identification of Plants
- Contributing to the Construction and Maintenance of Structures and Surfaces
- Introduction to Wildlife and Conservation
- Assisting With Feeding and Watering of Animals
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.