- Start date: September
- Duration: 18 months
- Location: Workplace
- Fees: The apprentice does not have to pay any fees.
If you're an employer, the Apprenticeship Levy may apply.
Learners can progress onto a higher level apprenticeship or into employment within the Agriculture industry.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above
- Age 16+
- Learners must have secured a job on a livestock farm (sheep, pigs, beef or dairy)
- The wokplace must be within one hour’s drive from the Brooksby Campus (LE14 2LJ)
What Will You Gain?
- Level 2 Apprenticeship – Stockperson
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work
- PA1 (the safe use of pesticides) and PA2 or PA6
Apprentices will be assessed at the end of the course by:
- A multiple choice exam
- Professional discussion with external examiner
- 3 x 2-hour practical assessments in the workplace (by an external assessor)
Your final grade will be a fail/pass/merit/distinction.
Employer must pay for any necessary re-takes.
How to Find an Apprenticeship
There are three ways in which you can find an apprenticeship:
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to study at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses and apprenticeships at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.