- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (full-time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
Our Horticulture students have gone on to secure jobs as landscapers, nursery and garden centre managers, gardeners, grounds-keepers, estates managers and even plant breeders.
Pathways include hard and soft landscaping, garden design, production and retail, and sports turf.
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course, students may progress onto a Level 3 land-based course here at BMC. Alternatively, students may wish to progress onto an apprenticeship or into employment within the industry.
Our Level 3 (2 year) courses also allow students to progress on to University.
4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English OR Level 1 Horticulture and Entry 3 Functional Skills
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Work-Related Experience
- Maintaining Outdoor Plants
- Plant and Soil Science
- Horticultural Machinery
- Habitat Management
- Protected Plant Production
- Glass houses featuring automatic vent and temperature controls, which ensure optimum conditions for growing plants.
- The 850 acre Brooksby Estate has 15 acres of gardens and its very own mixed-use farm.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Floristry, Countryside Management and Agriculture.
- Course relevant trips to the likes of Chatsworth House, Leicester City Football Club’s ground, and plant production nurseries.
- Attend events such as Saltex and LAMMA.
- Take an industry relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Royal Horticultural Society Courses or Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (CS31).
- Participate in BMC’s Open Farm Sunday, where hundreds of guests visit the Glass Houses at Brooksby to purchase the famously-good plants!
- Guest speakers, from the likes of Plant Heritage and the Soil Association.
Leicester Tigers Rugby Pathway
There is the option to combine your Level 2 Horticulture course with our Leicester Tigers Rugby pathway. Get in touch to find out more!
If you are interested in pursuing this pathway alongside your qualification, please make this clear in your personal statement.
Accommodation is available to Level 2 & 3 Horticulture students.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site, 16-18 fully-catered accommodation at our Brooksby Campus could be the perfect solution!
If you would like to find out more about our accommodation offer:
T: 01664 855 444
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.