- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (full-time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
Our Horticulture students have gone on to secure jobs as landscapers, nursery and garden centre managers, gardeners, grounds-keepers, estates managers and even plant breeders.
Pathways include hard and soft landscaping, garden design, production and retail, and sports turf.
Upon successful completion of this Level 2 course, students may progress onto a Level 3 land-based course here at BMC. Alternatively, students may wish to continue onto an apprenticeship or into employment within the industry.
Our Level 3 (2 year) courses also allow students to progress on to University.
4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above including English OR Level 1 Horticulture and Entry 3 Functional Skills.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Work Experience
- Establishment & Maintenance of Plants
- British Conservation
- Estate Skills
- Plant & Soil Science
- Purpose-built workshops
- State-of-the-art glasshouses featuring automatic vent and temperature controls, which ensure optimum conditions for growing plants.
- 850-acre Brooksby Estate with 15 acres of gardens and its very own mixed-use farm.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Floristry, Countryside Management and Agriculture.
- Course relevant trips to the likes of Chatsworth House, the Leicester City Football Club ground, and plant production nurseries.
- Attend events such as Saltex and LAMMA.
- Take an industry relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Royal Horticultural Society Courses or Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm (CS31).
- Participate in BMC’s Open Farm Sunday, where hundreds of guests visit the Glasshouses at Brooksby to purchase the famously good plants!
- Guest speakers, from the likes of Plant Heritage and the Soil Association.
Accommodation is available to Level 2 & 3 Horticulture students.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site, 16-18 fully-catered accommodation at our Brooksby Campus could be the perfect solution!
If you would like to find out more about our accommodation offer:
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.