- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time 1 year course, running over 3 to 4 days per week with the occasional evening and weekend as work experience opportunities.
- Location: Rural Catering Centre - Melton campus
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers. Adult learners are also welcome to apply.
This course equips learners to progress onto a Level 3 course in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership. Students may also wish to progress onto an apprenticeship or into employment within the hospitality and service sector. Some students may become chefs, work in restaurant management, event management and more!
3 GCSE’s at Grade D/3 or above OR Level 1 Food and Beverage Service and Entry 3 Functional Skills.
- Food safety in catering.
- Health and safety.
- Legislation in food and beverage service.
- Menu knowledge and design.
- Principles of beverage product knowledge.
- Service of hot beverages.
- Food and beverage service skills.
- Handling payments and maintaining the payment point.
- Principles of customer service in hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism.
- Developing skills for employment.
English and Maths
English and Maths are very important for you during your studies and beyond. The Government has introduced new standards which mean that employers will be looking for these skills when you enter the workplace. BMC is committed to ensuring that our students leave us with everything they need to reach their goals and meet the expectations of the industry.
If you are under 19 and narrowly miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – BMC can offer you a suitable course at another level and you can take GCSE English or Maths alongside it. Learners will not be expected to take both GCSE English and GCSE Maths in the same year.
If you are under 19 and miss the English and/or Maths entry requirements of your course by more than one grade, BMC offers Functional Skills, an effective method to improve literacy and numeracy, for up to two hours per week.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Melton Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.