- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (Full Time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school-leavers.
The engineering workshops at BMC reflect the industry environment, so learning takes place in similar facilities to those which students will be working in when they get a job within the industry; as a result, this area has seen very healthy employment rates for graduating students in recent years. We have strong links with key players, in addition to a number of local and national dealerships. We have a flourishing reputation for delivering high-quality solutions for businesses in the region, helping to develop and improve their land-based service engineering workforce.
Our Land-based Service Engineering students leave us career-ready, so many of our students enter apprenticeships or go straight in to work with local and national dealerships after completing their study with us.
4 GCSE’s at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths OR Level 1 Transport Award and Entry 3 Functional Skills.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options. See our GCSE English and Maths page for more information.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Health and Safety in the Land-based Engineering Work Area
- Applying Mechanical Principles
- Servicing and Maintaining Tools and Equipment
- Material Preparation, Shaping and Assembly
- Servicing and Maintaining Land-based Equipment
- Engines and Cooling Lubrication Systems
- Personal Performance and Working Relationships
- The Brooksby Estate has its very own mixed-use farm, so you’ll gain experience with both arable and livestock farming machinery.
- Workshops that reflect a true industry environment, and related very highly by Ofsted.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Agriculture, Animal Management and Countryside Management.
- Real-life work experience on Brooksby’s working farm and 850 acre estate.
- Attend large events like Saltex and LAMMA, to see the latest in machine technology.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Forklift Truck Operations or Basic Chainsaw Maintenance.
Leicester Tigers Rugby Pathway
If you are a keen rugby player you will have the opportunity to train with Leicester Tigers community coaches throughout your course.
If you are interested in pursuing this pathway alongside your qualification, click here.
Accommodation is available to Land-Based Service Engineering students.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site, 16-18 fully-catered accommodation at our Brooksby Campus could be the perfect solution!
If you would like to find out more about our accommodation offer:
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.