- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (Full Time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school-leavers.
The engineering workshops at BMC reflect the industry environment, so learning takes place in similar facilities to those which students will be working in when they get a job within the industry; as a result, this area has seen very healthy employment rates for graduating students in recent years. We have strong links with key players, in addition to a number of local and national dealerships. We have a flourishing reputation for delivering high-quality solutions for businesses in the region, helping to develop and improve their land-based service engineering workforce.
Our Land-based Service Engineering students leave us career-ready, so many of our students enter apprenticeships or go straight in to work with local and national dealerships after completing their study with us.
4 GCSE’s at Grade D/3 or above including English and Maths OR Level 1 Transport Award and Entry 3 Functional Skills.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options. See our GCSE English and Maths page for more information.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Health and Safety in the Land-based Engineering Work Area
- Applying Mechanical Principles
- Servicing and Maintaining Tools and Equipment
- Material Preparation, Shaping and Assembly
- Servicing and Maintaining Land-based Equipment
- Engines and Cooling Lubrication Systems
- Personal Performance and Working Relationships
- The Brooksby Estate has its very own mixed-use farm, so you’ll gain experience with both arable and livestock farming machinery.
- Workshops that reflect a true industry environment, and related very highly by Ofsted.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Agriculture, Animal Management and Countryside Management.
- Real-life work experience on Brooksby’s working farm and 850 acre estate.
- Attend large events like Saltex and LAMMA, to see the latest in machine technology.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Forklift Truck Operations or Basic Chainsaw Maintenance.
Accommodation is available to Land-Based Service Engineering students.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site, 16-18 fully-catered accommodation at our Brooksby Campus could be the perfect solution!
If you would like to find out more about our accommodation offer:
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.