- Start date: September
- Duration: A full time 1 year course.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is funded for school leavers. Adult Learners are welcome to apply.
The course is divided between the classroom and workshop, and students will be using the latest Bosch Diagnostic Equipment and the latest model Engine Simulation Rig.
Students also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
3 GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or above, including an initial assessment at interview OR Level 2 Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair.
- Health, Safety and Good House Keeping.
- Support for Job Roles.
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices.
Diagnose and Rectify
- Vehicle Auxiliary Electrical Faults.
- Light Vehicle Engine Faults.
- Light Vehicle Chassis System Faults.
- Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Faults.
English and Maths
English and Maths is something which is very important for you during your studies and beyond. The Government has introduced new standards and also as you enter the workplace, employers will be looking for these skills too. Here at BMC, we are committed to ensuring our students leave us with everything they need to reach their goals and meet the expectations of the industry.
If you are under 19 years old and narrowly miss the English and/or Maths entry requirements for your course, don’t worry – BMC can offer you a suitable course at another level and you can take GCSE English or Maths alongside it.
If you are under 19 years old and miss the English and/or Maths entry requirements for your course by more than one grade, BMC offers Functional Skills, an effective method to improve and embed literacy and numeracy as part of the course, for up to two hours per week.