- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time, one year course
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
This will provide learners with a diverse introduction to Public Services, helping them to develop the knowledge and skills to progress onto Level 3 Uniformed Protective Services.
4 GCSEs at Grade D/3 or above.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
Level 2 Units Include:
- Unit 01: Investigate employment in the uniformed services
- Unit 02: Physical fitness for the uniformed services
- Unit 03: Develop team working and problem solving skills
- Unit 04: Health and safety in the uniformed services
- Unit 05: Health and hygiene in the uniformed services
- Unit 06: Follow uniformed service routine (6 credits)
- Unit 07: Exploring equality and diversity for the uniformed services
- Unit 08: Carry out Map Reading and Navigation
- Unit 11: Explore the Use of Telecommunication in the Uniformed Services
UPS learners also have opportunities to do Sports Leaders Level 2 and Duke of Edinburgh awards.
Facilities & Enrichment
- High performance gym
- Full-sized sports hall
- Full-sized 3G all-weather pitch
- Grass pitches
- Opportunity to play competitive sport as enrichment
- There may also be opportunity to be part of our Leicester Tigers rugby development programme
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.