- Start date: Monday 21st September & Tuesday 22nd September 2020
- Duration: This one day per week course will take place over 10 months, between the hours of 09:30- 16:00.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £595 (VAT exempt)
£100 Non refundable deposit
Optional Exam fee - £136
This Level 2 RHS horticulture course is suitable for those who are looking to progress into employment or self employment within horticulture. It would also be beneficial for keen gardeners.
You may also like to go onto our Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Garden Planning, Construction and Planting.
There are no formal entry requirements but some previous knowledge would be beneficial.
- Plant naming
- Elementary Botany
- Producing new plants from seeds, cuttings and grafting
- Soils and fertilizers
- Introduction to pests, diseases and weeds
- Introduction to garden design and planning
- Plant selection for a variety of situations
- Lawns, bedding plants, basket displays, herbaceous plants, trees, shrubs, climbers, alpines, water gardens.
what will you gain?
- An extensive knowledge of horticulture practices
- Ability to plan and design a variety of gardens
- Ability to identify a range of plants
- A recognised Royal Horticultural Society qualification
Royal Horticultural Society Courses at BMC
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS) has a long history dating back to 1804, it was founded originally under the name of the Horticultural Society of London by Sir Joseph Banks and John Wedgewood, the main aim of the society was to collect information about plants and encourage good horticultural practice.
The Royal Horticultural Society has active science and educational departments and offers a variety of educational opportunities, from lectures on specific topics and courses leading right through to the Master of Horticulture qualification.
BMC has been involved with the society programmes for many years. The qualifications are aimed at those people who not only wish to pursue a career in horticulture, but also for those leisure gardeners who wish to have their knowledge formally assessed.
For more information about RHS courses at BMC, click here.
How to apply?
Once you are ready to apply, please print off a copy off our application form, then complete and return it to us. The form can be found here
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.