- Start date: September
- Duration: 2 Years (full-time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
The vocational delivery of our courses enables you to get the very best out of your time at BMC. You will leave us ‘work ready’, having developed a great-skill set in arable agriculture and livestock, by learning the theory in practice, with real crops and real animals.
Our courses cover a range of specialist areas such as livestock breeding and nutrition, managing environments, crop production and land management. There is also an opportunity to develop your understanding of plant and soil science, and to learn business management within the land-based industries.
Our Agriculture students have the opportunity to enter regional and national competitions, as well as attending high profile events, such as the Uppingham and Melton Fat Stock Shows, and other livestock events.
We also have very good links with the industry; our Agriculture students have gone on to work as shepherds, herdsmen, tractor operators, agricultural representatives, estates managers and teachers.
Our Level 3 (2 year) courses also allow students to progress on to University.
5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English, Maths and Science, or Level 2 Agriculture and Level 1 Functional Skills.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Livestock Breeding and Nutrition
- Managing Environments
- Crop Production
- Livestock Production
- Land Management
- Our own flock of sheep, herd of cows and pigs.
- The Brooksby Estate has its own mixed-use farm, so you’ll gain experience of both arable and livestock farming.
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Animal Care, Countryside Management and Land-Based Service Engineering.
- On-site accommodation for Level 3 Agriculture students.
- Participate in events such as the Lincolnshire County Show, with the chance to show the college’s pedigree Lleyn sheep.
- Attend events like LAMMA to see the latest machine technology.
- Visit dairy farms to understand the practices used in rotary milking.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as PA1 and PA2 Pesticides Qualification.
- Learn about sustainable farming with ecology and the environment, by managing the set-aside land and field margins as part of the HLS Countryside Stewardship.
Leicester Tigers Rugby Pathway
There is the option to combine your Level 3 Agriculture course with our Leicester Tigers Rugby pathway. Click here to find out more!
Accommodation is available for students studying Level 3 Agriculture.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site 16-18 accommodation could be the perfect solution!
To find out more about our accommodation offer, get in touch!
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.