- Start date: On demand
- Duration: Full-time, 18 months
- Location: Workplace
- Fees: Since 1st May 2017, the principle of "Employer contribution" is now in place, whereby in most cases employers are required to contribute at least 10% of the cost of the Apprenticeship. Please contact us for further details.
Learners may progress onto a higher level qualification or into employment within the Land-based Engineering sector.
- Level 1 in English and Maths
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Land-based Engineering OR Level 2 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Engineering
What is an Apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is not a course but a real job with a training programme attached. It is an ideal way of earning whilst you learn.
This apprenticeship will give you the following:
- Level 3 Diploma (or New Standards) in Work Based Land Based Engineering
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
You will also cover:
- Assessing risk
- Organisational procedures
- Customer care
- Engineering calculations
- Advance engines
- Electronic control systems
- Advanced transmissions
- F gas and air conditioning
- Inspection and testing
How to Find an Apprenticeship
There are three ways in which you can find an apprenticeship:
Functional skills are qualifications in English and Maths that equip students with the basic practical skills required in everyday life, education and the workplace. Some may already have achieved suitable qualifications in these areas, but if not, students will work towards achieving Functional skills qualifications in English and Maths. These are assessed by externally set and marked tests which can be completed either on a computer or in paper form.
At the beginning of the programme a student’s strengths and weaknesses in all areas will be identified by the use of a diagnostic and a structured learner plan will be created to address the needs in order to prepare the student for their tests.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.