- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (full-time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
If you love the outdoors and working with the natural world, choose Countryside Management at BMC!
Our Countryside Management students have gone on to work in a range of careers in the great outdoors, such as becoming a park ranger, ecologist, estate manager, environmental educator, or a conservation officer.
Our Level 3 (2 year) courses allow students to progress on to University to study subjects such as ecology, wildlife conservation, countryside management or environmental management.
4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English OR Level 2 Countryside Management and Level 1 Functional Skills
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Business Management in the Land-Based Sector
- Plant Science
- Soil Science
- Tree Felling and Chainsaw Use
- Physical and Biological Environmental Processes
- Wildlife Populations, Ecology and Conservation
- Investigative Project in the Land-Based Sector
- Work Experience in the Land-Based Industries
- Estate Skills
- Land-Based Machinery Operations
- Put classroom theory into practice on our stunning 850 acre Brooksby Estate.
- Purpose-built workshop and teaching facilities.
- Our very own, mixed-use farm.
- Benefit from working with other course areas and their facilities, such as Animal Care, Agriculture, Horticulture and Land-Based Service Engineering.
- We have close links with environment agency, Calverton fish farm, Charnwood Forest Golf Course SSSI, Leicestershire and Rutland Wildlife Trust and Bradgate Park Trust.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as CS30, CS31, PA1, PA6, Chipper & Brushcutter.
- Opportunities to complete DSC1 certificate for Deer Stalking Competency and
- Emergency First Aid
- Undertake community projects; previously our students have been involved in planting trees and shrubs around the college campuses.
- Complete woodland surveys and management plans of areas such as Hambleton Wood.
- Trips to Sherwood Forest, Cossington Meadows nature reserve, and the Derbyshire Dales, helping you gain real life experience in various course areas.
- Get involved in some traditional woodland crafts – learn how to make mallets, staffs and cleft wood gates!
Leicester Tigers Rugby Pathway
There is the option to combine your Level 3 Countryside Management course with our Leicester Tigers Rugby pathway. Get in touch to find out more!
If you are interested in pursuing this pathway alongside your qualification, please make this clear in your personal statement.
Accommodation is available for students studying Level 3 Countryside Management.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site 16-18 accommodation could be the perfect solution!
To find out more about our accommodation offer, get in touch!
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.