- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time 2 year course
- Location: Melton
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
Our dedicated team of tutors are still active in the industry and have a wealth of experience for you to learn from. In recent years, BMC Creative Media Production students have shown their work at the prestigious Cannes International Film Festival, won top prizes at the Chevrolet Young Film Makers Awards and one graduate even went on to win an Oscar and a Bafta!
Previous BMC Creative Media Production students have gone on to become freelance filmmakers, cinematographers, directors, producers, scriptwriters, sound designers, camera operatives, editors, visual effects artists and lecturers.
The BMC School of Higher Education offers degrees in Digital Film Production, delivered in partnership with the University of East Anglia, which many of our Creative Media students wish to progress on to. Click here to read more about Digital Film Production degree courses at BMC.
5 GCSEs Grade C/4 or above, including English, or Level 2 Creative Media Production and Level 1 Functional Skills.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options. See our GCSE English and Maths page for more information.
- Music Video
- Writing and Production
- Film Noir
- Studio Production
- Sci-Fi Production
- Movie Trailers
- Experimental Films
Skills and Techniques
- Post-Production Camera Work
- Special Effects
- Visual Effects
- 2D Animation
- 3D Modelling
- 3D Animation
- Multi-Camera Techniques
- Single Camera Techniques
- Sound Design
- One of the largest infinity green-screens outside of London
- State-of-the-art sound booths and recording studios
- Large production and editing suites with all the latest software and hardware
- Our very own 340-seat commercial theatre – Melton Theatre
- Use of the amazing Brooksby Melton estate, including Brooksby Hall, for impressive backdrops to projects
- Benefit from working with other courses and their facilities, such as Performing Arts and Media Make-up
- Trips to places such as the BBFC (British Board of Film Classification) and the Harry Potter WB Studios
- Talks from industry specialist careers advisers to enhance your learning
- Participate in a number of competitions and festivals, such as: Bang! Film Festival, Polydor Hurtwood, UK National Europass Viral Video Competition, Bootleg Film Festival in Toronto, and Cannes International Film Festival in France.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Melton Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.