- Start date: Monday 23rd, Wednesday 25th or Friday 27th September 2019
- Duration: A 34 week course during term time, running between 09:30 and 16:30. The date for the Canine First Responder course will be advised by us directly.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £3670 per person (VAT exempt)
A non-refundable deposit of £253.00 will be requested once an offer of a place has been made.
If you are aged 19 or over, you may qualify for an Advanced Learning Loan. This loan helps you to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England. (A loan may help towards the cost of the Level 3 Dog Grooming element of the course only). Please contact us for further information.
The course is suitable for those who are looking to progress into employment or self employment within the grooming industry.
- Candidates must of completed City and Guilds Level 2 Dog Grooming, before doing the Level 3 diploma in Dog Grooming.
- Candidates must have completed at least 1 months work experience within a grooming salon. We also recommend that candidates continue working at a salon whilst completing the course.
- To apply candidates must complete a BMC application form, along with a personal statement.
About the course
This course incorporates working with a variety of breeds and coat types in an intimate group of no more than eight, enabling the fully qualified tutor to provide each candidate with time to build their confidence and skill set.
Candidates will be assessed by practical assignments, portfolio work and a final externally led examination.
Specific entry requirements
- Access to a minimum of 4 dogs with clippable/strippable coats throughout the course (with proof of up to date vaccinations)
- Applicants will be considered on an individual basis
- Candidates must attend all lessons
- All dogs must be over the age of 6 months
What will you gain?
- Ability to carry out styling, grooming, clipping and finishing
- Ability to plan and undertake dog grooming work
- Ability to help the promotion and maintenance of the health and wellbeing of animals
- A recognised professional qualification within the industry
- Skills and confidence to progress within your chosen profession
- An understanding of how to safely administer First Aid and CPR to canines in an emergency situation
- A knowledge of how to maintain canine health
Modules (Level 3 Dog Grooming)
- Health and safety, legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
The assessment for this qualification will require you to achieve:
- A written exam which covers the knowledge and understanding within the qualification
- A practical assignment which covers health checks, first aid and grooming of dogs with different coat types and for different requirements.
- Health and safety, legislation and code of practice for the dog grooming industry
‘I attended Brooksby College to work towards the City and Guilds Level 3 Introductory Dog Grooming qualification.
Like any new student starting a new course I was fairly nervous but from the word go Donna’s welcoming smile and enthusiasm towards her job immediately put my mind at ease.
The course was made up of both practical and theory modules, in both I found Donna knowledgeable and her feedback to be very fair and constructive.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Brooksby Melton College and would highly recommend their Dog Grooming courses to anybody that needs hands-on training delivered by an excellent tutor.’
– Denise Whitup
How to Apply
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.
As a first step, please print off then complete and return one of our application forms. The form can be found here.