- Start date: Monday 6th September 2021 9:30-16:30, Tuesday 7th Septmeber 2021 9:30am-16:30pm
- Duration: A 34 week course during term time, running between 09:30 and 16:30.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £3670 per person (VAT exempt)
A non-refundable deposit of £270.00 will be requested once an offer of a place has been made.
If you are aged 19 or over, you may qualify for an Advanced Learning Loan. This loan helps you to pay the fees charged by approved colleges and training organisations in England. (A loan may help towards the cost of the Level 3 Dog Grooming element of the course only). Please contact us for further information.
The course is suitable for those who are looking to progress into employment or self employment within the grooming industry.
- Candidates must of completed City and Guilds Level 2 Dog Grooming, before doing the Level 3 diploma in Dog Grooming.
- Candidates must have completed 50 hours work experience within a grooming salon. We also ask that candidates continue working at a salon whilst completing the course.
- To apply candidates must complete a SMB application form, along with a personal statement.
About the course
This course incorporates working with a variety of breeds and coat types in an intimate group of no more than eight, enabling the fully qualified tutor to provide each candidate with time to build their confidence and skill set.
Candidates will be assessed by practical assignments, portfolio work and a final externally led examination.
Specific entry requirements
- We highly recommend you to have access to a minimum of 3 dogs with clippable/strippable coats throughout the course (with proof of up to date vaccinations)
- Applicants will be considered on an individual basis
- Candidates must attend all lessons
- All dogs must be over the age of 6 months
What will you gain?
- Ability to carry out styling, grooming, clipping and finishing
- Ability to plan and undertake dog grooming work
- Ability to help the promotion and maintenance of the health and wellbeing of animals
- A recognised professional qualification within the industry
- Skills and confidence to progress within your chosen profession
- An understanding of how to safely administer First Aid and CPR to canines in an emergency situation
- A knowledge of how to maintain canine health
Modules (Level 3 Dog Grooming)
- Health and safety, legislation and codes of practice for the dog grooming industry
- Styling and finishing a dog
- Health checking and handling a dog in a dog grooming environment
- Customer service and record keeping in a dog grooming environment
The assessment for this qualification will require you to achieve:
- A written exam which covers the knowledge and understanding within the qualification
- A practical assignment which covers health checks, first aid and grooming of dogs with different coat types and for different requirements.
- Health and safety, legislation and code of practice for the dog grooming industry
“I attended Brooksby Melton College for the Level 2 Dog Grooming course and followed on to complete the Level 3 Diploma. My aim was to one day set up my own dog grooming business.
The tuition was to an exceptionally high standard, the dog grooming facilities were excellent and the environment was friendly, making it such an enjoyable place to study. The course included theory and practical lessons. I learnt so much from the 2 years of studying, from understanding canine anatomy to learning how to style different breeds to a high standard. The dog grooming facilities were fabulous, including baths, tables, dryers and every dog grooming tool imaginable! Everything was of a high quality and kept very clean. Donna’s expertise, knowledge and ongoing support enabled me to have the confidence and skills to achieve my dreams of setting up my own business.” – Hannah Dadge
“I first came to Brooksby Melton College in June 2018 when I decided to look at a career change and booked onto the dog grooming taster day. I was extremely nervous about going back to college after 30 years but I was immediately put at ease by Donna and thoroughly enjoyed the day. I booked onto the Level 2 and requested that Donna must be my tutor.
Donna is extremely supportive and encouraging as a tutor and has a lovely approach to teaching and has done a lot for my confidence and self-esteem. I am now completing the Level 3 with some excellent results, which I wouldn’t have achieved without Donna’s guidance, excellent skills and knowledge sharing.
Many thanks for everything, Donna!” – Marie McSeveney
“I did my Level 3 course at Brooksby Melton College. It was a great course which I really enjoyed. I had done my Level 2 course at a different college, which was a very stressful and unenjoyable experience. The difference in quality of teaching and enjoyment of the course couldn’t have been greater at BMC! This was mainly due to the tutor, Donna Lord, who is extremely professional, organised, always has the welfare of the dogs in mind, and is 100% dedicated to her students and making the course enjoyable and fun. Her style of teaching is relaxed, calm and always positive, which both inspires her students and gives them confidence. As a group, we had the occasional moment of panic (forgetting to change the clipper blade and shaving a strip with a 10 blade down a poodle’s back!) and anxiety before exams – Donna was unfailingly supportive and encouraging, and her good humour helped us all get through with the minimum of worry or stress. I loved every minute of my Level 3 and would absolutely and whole-heartedly recommend Brooksby and Donna!” – Melissa Tyler
How to Apply
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.
As a first step, please print off then complete and return one of our application forms. The form can be found here.