- Start date: September
- Duration: 1 Year (Full Time)
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
Our students go on to Higher Education and successful careers across all areas of the Equestrian industry, including grooms, riding instructors, eventing, behaviourists, rehabilitation, industry-retail, feed companies and teaching.
The BMC School of Higher Education also offers a variety of undergraduate degrees.
4 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English, Science and Maths, or Level 2 Horse Care at Merit grade or above.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options. See our GCSE English and Maths page for more information.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
- Equine Structure, Form and Function
- Equine Diet and Nutrition
- Work Experience in the Equine Sector
- Horse Tack Equipment and Rugs
- Equine Health and Husbandry
- Preparation and Presentation of the Horse for Competition Disciplines
- Riding and Exercising Horses (Riding Pathway)
- Riding Analysis Theory (Non-Riding Pathway)
- Two indoor arenas and two outdoor arenas, including a newly developed outdoor arena measuring 80m x 40m.
- The Brooksby Equestrian Centre is a nationally renowned commercially-managed competition and training venue, with a wide range of horses available for all abilities.
- On-site Brooksby Rehabilitation Centre, featuring an aqua treadmill, solarium and mechanical horse.
- Full BE Eventing cross-country course.
- Other resources include: an equine weigh bridge, science laboratories and livery centre.
- Set amongst the stunning 850 acre Brooksby estate in the heart of Leicestershire.
- Work with other course areas and benefit from their facilities, such as Sport and Animal Management.
- Participate in a wide range of trips! Previous students have visited: Blenheim Horse Trials, Twycross Zoo, Duabi, Ireland, National Stud, the National Horse Racing Museum, Leicester Racecourse, Simon Grieve Eventing, West Midlands Safari Park and Kings’ Troop Royal Horse Artillery.
- Take an industry-relevant short course alongside your full-time qualification, such as Emergency First Aid.
- Careers talks from nationally and internationally recognised professionals.
- As well as studying hard, we like our students to have fun during their time at BMC; take part in charity events, themed weeks and exercise classes such as dodgeball, boxercise and yoga!
Accommodation is available to Level 2 Horse Care & Level 3 Equine Management students.
Would you like to start a course at BMC in September, but are struggling with the distance? Our on-site, 16-18 fully-catered accommodation at our Brooksby Campus could be the perfect solution! Potential working livery also available.
If you would like to find out more about our accommodation offer:
T: 01664 850 850
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.