- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time 2 year course.
- Location: Melton
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers. Adult learners are welcome to apply.
Students may wish to progress into Higher Education. Alternatively, learners may choose to progress directly into employment within a health and social care setting.
5 GCSE’s at Grade C/4 or above including English and Maths OR Level 2 Health and Social Care and Level 1 Functional Skills.
- Equality, Diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care.
- Human Growth and Development.
- Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care.
- Communication in Health and Social Care.
- Infection Prevention and Control.
- Psychological Perspectives.
- Sociological Perspectives in Health and Social Care.
- Empowerment in Health and Social Care.
- Protection of Children, Young People and Adults.
- Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care.
- Research Skills.
- Personal Professional Development.
- Plus 3 Optional Units.
English and Maths
English and Maths are very important for you during your studies and beyond. The Government has introduced new standards which mean that employers will be looking for these skills when you enter the workplace. BMC is committed to ensuring that our students leave us with everything they need to reach their goals and meet the expectations of the industry.
If you are under 19 and narrowly miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – BMC can offer you a suitable course at another level and you can take GCSE English or Maths alongside it. Learners will not be expected to take both GCSE English and GCSE Maths in the same year.
If you are under 19 and miss the English and/or Maths entry requirements of your course by more than one grade, BMC offers Functional Skills, an effective method to improve literacy and numeracy, for up to two hours per week.
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Melton Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.