- Start date: September
- Duration: A full-time, two year course
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: This course is fully funded for school leavers.
If you are a mature student, a fee may apply. Please contact us for more information.
Learners may wish to progress into Higher Education, or directly into employment within the industry.
This qualification equips learners with the knowledge and understanding required to apply for a range of entry-level roles within the Uniformed Protective Services sector, including the Armed Forces, Police, NHS and Fire Services.
5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above including English and Maths.
If you miss the English and/or Maths requirements of your course, don’t worry – there are options to study these alongside your course. Click here to find out more.
Adult students are welcome to apply.
This course allows learners to develop an understanding of a substantial body of knowledge relating to government and the wider uniformed protective services sector, and to consider current affairs and the media in a global context.
The course also helps learners to develop essential skills and knowledge relevant to the sector, such as research, presentation and report-writing skills, as well as the important skills of discipline, teamwork, communication, collaboration, and the sensitivity and openness required to work with diverse groups.
UPS learners also have opportunities to do Sports Leaders Level 2 and Duke of Edinburgh awards.
Level 3 Units Include:
- Unit 1: Prepare for a career in a chosen uniformed service
- Unit 2: Develop aspects of physical fitness for entry to the uniformed services
- Unit 3: Develop leadership Skills
- Unit 4: Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Unit 5: Uniformed services hierarchy and routine
- Unit 6: Values and standards
- Unit 7: Mental and physical wellbeing
- Unit 8: Carry out map reading and navigation across open country
- Unit 13: Emergency planning and response in the uniformed services
- Unit 9: Telecommunications in the uniformed services
- Unit 10: Understand conflict management and personal protection
- Unit 11: The influence of UK government, international organisations and the media on the uniformed services
- Unit 12: Collaboration between uniformed services
- Unit 18: Outdoor and adventurous expeditions
- Unit 19: Understanding discipline in the uniformed services
- Unit 21: UK legal systems and uniformed services
- Unit 20: Crime Scene Investigation
- Unit 25: Security procedures in the uniformed services
Facilities & Enrichment
- High performance gym
- Full-sized sports hall
- Full-sized 3G all-weather pitch
- Grass pitches
- Opportunity to play competitive sport as enrichment
- There may also be opportunity to be part of our Leicester Tigers rugby development programme
If you like what you’ve seen so far, why not come along to our next Brooksby Campus Open Event?
This is a fantastic way for you to get a feel for what it’s like to be a student at BMC. You will get to meet our industry-expert teaching staff, tour our fantastic facilities and find out everything you need to know about courses at BMC.
For a list of our upcoming events, click here.