- Start date: Ongoing
- Duration: 12-18 months
- Location: Workplace
- Fees: This course is funded through the Advanced Learner Loan, unless this is your first full Level 3 qualification where the course is fully funded.
On successful completion of this Level 3 qualification, students are able to progress into a wide range of job roles including working as a Teaching Assistant, a Learning Support Assistant or a Special Needs Assistant.
Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning or at least three years experience within a school environment including Maths and English at Grade C or Functional Skills Level 2.
- Understand child and young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the wellbeing of children and young people
- Communication and professional relationships with children and young people
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
Optional units to the value of four credits will be chosen from a range of units depending on their role.