- Start date: October 2022
- Duration: One evening per week (18:00 - 21:00) for 27 Weeks
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: The full cost of the course is £900. You may be eligible for the Advanced Leaner Loan. Please get in contact for more information.
This qualification will prepare you for employment as a sports massage practitioner working with injured clients. Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as a sports massage practitioner.
Employment opportunities exist in a variety of settings, including:
- Private health clubs and leisure centres
- Sports centres and clubs
- Working independently/self-employed/mobile/home-based settings
Applicants must have achieved a Level 3 Sports Massage qualification.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and understanding of anatomy and physiology to work on post-acute injury and pre-existing conditions, dealing with musculo-skeletal and para-tendon injuries.
You will develop the skills to conduct subjective and objective assessments, which will cover active, passive and resisted range of movements, detailed postural analysis, functional testing and special tests. You will also develop the skills to work safely and effectively on muscle and para-tendon injuries using a variety of soft tissue techniques and will be able to advise on treatment modalities to support soft tissue repair.
This qualification is different from the VCTC Level 3 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy since it qualifies you to work with injured clients. The Level 3 qualification is more concerned with pre- and post- event massage on “non-injured” tissue”.
- Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessment
- Providing Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury
- Treatment Modalities to Treat Soft Tissue Repair
How to Apply
Click here to download the short course booking procedures.
To apply click here to download the course enrolment form. Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to complete the form. Please email any completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.