- Start date: Ongoing
- Duration: 12-18 months
- Location: Workplace
- Fees: Standalone courses can be funded through the Adult Learner Loan.
Apprenticeships can be funded through the Employer Levy.
Students can progress onto the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England)
Learners should be at least 18 years old and hold a Level 3 in Health and Social Care.
- Advanced communication skills
- Personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Equality and diversity in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Understand safeguarding and protection in health and social care settings
- Facilitate person centred assessment to support wellbeing of individuals
- Facilitate support planning to promote positive outcomes for individuals and to support wellbeing
- Understand personalisation in care and support services
- Health and safety in health and social care settings
- Professional practice in health and social care for adults or children and young people
- Develop, maintain and use records and reports
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Safeguard children and young people who are present in the adult social care sector
Optional units to the value of six credits from Option A and 28 credits from Option B will be chosen from a range of units depending on their role.