- Start date: Ongoing
- Duration: 1 year
- Location: Workplace
- Fees: Standalone courses can be funded through the Adult Learner Loan.
Apprenticeships can be funded through the Employer Levy.
If they successfully complete this course, learners will able to progress from Advanced Practitioner to Manager status.
- Learners should be at least 18 years old and hold a Level 4 in Health and Social Care.
- Learners will need to be working in the role of Deputy or Manager in an appropriate setting, or have the opportunity to carry out responsibilities associated with these roles.
- Safeguarding and Protection
- Managing Care Services
- Supporting Development and Partnership Working
- Contributing To Broader Activities Such As Change Programmes and Recruitment
- Complying With Quality Systems and Continuously
- Improving Quality
- Developing and Carrying Out Policy
- Promoting and Developing Best Practice
- Care Management
The Management pathways are most suitable for Assistant Managers and Deputy Managers working in day or domiciliary services who are looking to progress their career. This course is also appropriate for Managers who have not yet achieved a vocational qualification at this level.
The Residential Services pathways are aimed at learners in similar job roles as those taking the Management pathways, but where the focus is on management and care in residential settings.
The Advanced Practice pathways are geared towards senior practitioners who would like to develop their career, but wish to remain active practitioners within the management framework.
Learners will undertake 6 mandatory units. Optional units to the value of 28 credits will also be chosen from a range of units (depending on the learner’s role).