- Start date: On demand
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Location: Home-study
- Fees: This course is FREE for those who successfully complete the qualification.
If an applicant withdraws or fails to achieve the qualification a £70 administration charge will be made.
This qualification will enhance your understanding of equality and diversity, which will serve to enhance your CV and help you to perform effectively in your existing job.
You may want to go on to take further distance learning courses such as Awareness of Mental Health Problems, Understanding Behaviour that Challenges, or Understanding Autism.
These qualifications are FREE* to all applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Aged 19 and over
- UK resident for three or more years
- Committed to improving knowledge and skills
- Unit 1: Principles of Communication in Adult Social Care Settings
- Unit 2: Principles of Personal Development in Adult Social Care Settings
- Unit 3: Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion in Adult Social Care Settings
- Unit 4: Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health & Social Care
- Unit 5: Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Unit 6: Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
- Unit 7: Understand Person-Centred Approaches in Adult Social Care Settings
- Unit 8: Understand Health and Safety in Social Care Settings
- Unit 9: Understand How to Handle Information in Social Care Settings
Distance Learning: Key Facts
- Allows the opportunity to reflect and develop work practice whilst working alongside colleagues for additional support
- Courses can be completed from the comfort of the employees own home, using structured, easy to follow workbooks in their own time
- Workbook assessments can be completed online or in written format
- Access to online resources and e-assessor platform for assessments
- Easy induction videos to follow for guidance
- Expert tutors available for help and advice and feedback throughout the course
- Courses can be completed between 3-6 months
- All qualifications are nationally recognised and recommended by OFSTED for good practice
- Improves individual knowledge and workforce skills and motivation
- Improves employees CV and CPD (Continuous Professional Development) records
How to Apply
You will need to print and complete the below application forms. Please ensure that you complete both Part A and Part B.
Click here to download Part A
Click here to download Part B
Please email your completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.