- Start date: September 2022
- Duration: 2 Years (Full-Time)
- Location: All Campuses
- Fees: Please get in touch to discuss course fees.
What you Need to Know!
WHAT ARE T-LEVELS?
T-Levels are Level 3 courses – equivalent to three A-Levels – designed as the next stage of learning after GCSEs.
They have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work or further study.
HOW WILL T-LEVELS BE TAUGHT?
80% classroom, 20% workplace!
T-Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning (80%) and ‘on-the-job’ experience during a meaningful industry placement of at least 315 hours (approximately 45 days) (the other 20%).
These qualifications will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or higher apprenticeship.
HOW WILL T-LEVELS BE GRADED?
Students who complete their T Level will receive an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*. They will achieve a nationally recognised certificate which will show their overall grade and a breakdown of what they have achieved.
The T-Level certificate will include:
- An overall grade (shown as Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*)
- A separate grade for the core component, using A* to E
- A separate grade for each occupational specialism, shown as Pass, Merit or Distinction
It will also include confirmation that the student has:
- Met the minimum requirements for Maths and English qualifications
- Completed the industry placement
- Met any additional mandatory requirements
WHAT ARE THE PROGRESSION OPTIONS?
T-Levels will provide several progression options to students. These include skilled employment, an apprenticeship and higher education.
To help T-Level students get into higher education, UCAS tariff points will be allocated to T Levels.
More information on UCAS points, can be found here on the GOV.UK website.
WHAT T-LEVELS WILL THE SMB GROUP BE OFFERING?
Starting from September 2022, the SMB Group has been chosen to offer T-Levels in:
- Construction (Brooksby and Stephenson Campuses)
- Education and Childcare (Melton and Stephenson Campuses)
- Health and Science (Melton and Stephenson Campuses)
The government has planned to roll out the new qualifications over several years, so in future years, the SMB Group hopes to offer a range of T-levels (subject to government approval) across different subject areas including:
- Agriculture (Land Management and Production)
- Animal Care and Management
- Hair, Beauty and Aesthetics
- Maintenance, Installation and Repair for Engineering and Manufacturing
- Engineering, Manufacturing, Processing and Control
AS AN EMPLOYER, WHAT DO T-LEVELS MEAN FOR ME?
Taking on a student for their Industry Placement can have huge benefits for your company, such as:
- The opportunity to train grassroots talent to suit your business needs
- A solution to entry-level job shortages
- Minimise the cost of recruitment by working with local Colleges
- Develop the mentoring and management skills of your team
- An invaluable source of new ideas and a fresh perspective
There is no obligation to pay any students you take on, however if you wish to make a contribution towards their travel costs or similar, this can be arranged.
The SMB Group will offer support throughout the Industry Placement.
If you would like to know more about how to get involved with the SMB Group and Industry Placements from September 2022, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org