- Start date: Please see below for start dates
- Duration: This course takes place over two days with a seperate assessment.
- Location: Brooksby
- Fees: £375 (VAT exempt)
This course would benefit anyone working or considering work in a horticulture or agriculture environment.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded the NPTC Level 2 PA1 and PA6a certificate. This is a lifetime qualification and can lead to further courses which BMC also offers –
- NPTC PA2 Level 2 Award- Boom Sprayer Applicator
- NPTC PA4 Level 2 Award- Slug Pellet Applicator
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, however basic computing skills are necessary to complete the PA1 multiple-choice exam i.e. knowing how to operate a mouse
- We require a completed enrolment form (see below)
- Copy of suitable ID (see booking procedures below)
- Payment of the course fee (see booking procedures below)
About the course
The PA1 foundation unit is a theory based course and covers the legislation, health and safety requirements, precautions, product label information and safe handling and use of pesticide application. The PA6A practical unit covers the handling and safe use of pesticides using knapsack sprayers.
If you apply pesticide near water you will need the PA6AW assessment. This is an extra £50, please inform us when booking is made
The need for up to date pesticide training is more relevant than ever considering the changes to Grandfather Rights and new legislation requirements.
What will you gain?
- Life time qualification City and Guilds NPTC
- Be able to safely use pesticides
- Qualified to work in public places using pesticides
- A recognised professional qualification within the industry
Course start dates
- Monday 14th September 2020
- Monday 19th October 2020
- Monday 7th December 2020
- Monday 15th February 2021
- Monday 22nd March 2021
- Monday 3rd May 2021
- Monday 14th June 2021
- Monday 12th July 2021
To apply Click here to download the course enrolment form. Please note that you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to complete the form. Please email any completed forms to email@example.com.
Click here to read the Short Course Booking Procedures.