What’s the difference between a Taster Day and an Open Day?
The Taster Day (9am – 1pm)
A Taster Day is a structured event that runs from 9am – 1pm. You will arrive at 9am for refreshments and a welcome talk. You will then participate in a two-hour taster session in your chosen subject area from 10am – 12pm. During this time, there will also be a series of talks available for parents/guardians on areas such as Admissions, Apprenticeships, Higher Education, Student Services, Additional Learning Support, Transport and Maths and English.
A Taster Day is a fantastic opportunity to experience first-hand what it’s like to study at BMC. Whether its handling some exotic animals in our Animal Care Centre, learning about lambing with our Agriculture tutors, or playing some sports on our 3G pitch, we’ve got something for everyone!*
The Open Day (10am – 1pm)
The Open Day is less structured than the Taster Day. The campus will be open from 10am – 1pm for you to have a look around our fantastic facilities, meet our expert teaching staff, and learn more about the range of courses we offer. The Open Day is perfect if it’s your first time to BMC and you want to get a feel for the College, or if you are interested in a few different courses and want to learn more to help you decide which course is right for you.
We also have staff available who can assist with any of your funding, transport or accommodation questions, as well as our student support teams who can talk to you about any extra help you might need during your time at college.
Visit the Brooksby Campus if you’re interested in:
- Animal Care / Animal Management
- Construction & Joinery
- Countryside & Environmental Management
- Foundation Studies and Skills For Working Life (open day only)
- Land-Based Service Engineering
- Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Sport & Sport Science (including programmes with Leicester Tigers, Mansfield Town FC, Leicester City Women FC and Charnwood Rutland Netball Club)
- Undergraduate courses (in Animal Management, Equine Performance Science & Sport Science) – interested in degree level courses? Sign up for the Undergraduate Open Day here.
- Apprenticeships (in some of the above industries) (open day only)
- Short Courses (relevant to some of the above industries) (open day only)
*These examples are just an indication of the sort of activities on offer, and may not reflect exactly what is offered on the day, which will be planned according to the number of guests expected – but don’t worry, whatever we organise, you’re sure to have a great time!
This event will be held at the Lakeside area of the Brooksby Campus. Click here to see a map of the campus.