About the academy
Players can be selected to represent the programme in a number of different competitions, including the Conference Alliance, Football League Youth Alliance, HKL North Midland Development League and FA Youth Cup.
This provides our young players with a great opportunity to develop as footballers as well as gaining vital academic qualifications.
The partnership has been vigilantly constructed to provide a supportive environment for players to fulfil their potential.
MTFC Academy Manager said:
“Our boys are coached to a professional standard by UEFA licensed coaches who are further integrated into the professional side of a professional Football League Club. They receive a first class academic education and a top class football education. Both Mansfield Town FC and BMC look to expand the relationship even further during the coming season, it’s been an exciting initiative which is growing ever stronger as the season progresses.”
Alongside the academy you will complete a Level 2 or 3 BTEC Sport (Performance and Excellence) qualification.
You will explore:
- Technical and tactical skills
- Analysis of performance
You will also gain practical experience in officiating, coaching and organising events through our partnership with the school sports games.
- Aged 16-18 at the start of the programme to play in fixtures although older players can join
- For Level 2 Sport: Four GCSE’s at grade D or above
- For Level 3 Sport: Four GCSE’s at grade C or above, or a Merit in Level 2 Sport
- Progress onto another course, higher education or employment
- Pursue a career in either elite football performance or one of many other areas such as coaching, sports development, teaching and fitness
- Scholarships are also available in the UK or USA
Brooksby Melton College is a provider of specialist vocational education based in Leicestershire and has recently seen a college-wide investment of £27.7 million in brand new facilities.
The Big BMC Transformation has brought state-of-the-art facilities to the Brooksby campus and has directly benefited sport students.
- Multi-purpose Sports Hall
- All weather 3G outdoor pitch
- Sport Science Lab
- Indoor facilities featuring strength and conditioning gym