Brooksby Melton College runs a successful football academy in partnership with Mansfield Town Football Club. The programme is for dedicated young players who want to continue playing at a high level whilst furthering their academic education.
Alongside the academy, you will complete a Level 2 or 3 Sport, Level 3 Sports Science, FdSc Sports Science (Foundation Degree) or BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Top-Up) qualification. Which qualification you work towards will depend on your previous experience.
Players can be selected to represent the programme in a number of different competitions, including the Conference Alliance, Football League Youth Alliance, HKL North Midland Development League and FA Youth Cup. This provides our young players with a great opportunity to develop as footballers as well as gaining vital academic qualifications.
Richard Cooper, Academy Manager at Mansfield Town said: “Our players are coached to a professional standard by UEFA licensed coaches who are further integrated into the professional side of a professional Football League Club. They receive a first class academic education and a top class football education.”
- Progress onto another course, higher education or employment. Our Level 3 course is equivalent to three A Levels and will give you enough UCAS points to progress on to university if you wish.
- Pursue a career in either elite football performance or one of many other areas such as coaching, sports development, teaching and fitness.
- Scholarships are also available in the UK or USA.
Facilities and Services
- Full size 3G all-weather pitch
- Two grass pitches
- Strength and conditioning gym
- Sports hall
- Classrooms and sports science laboratory
- Changing rooms
- Onsite café
- Sports analysis
- Personal trainers
- Nutrition and dietitian specialist
- Personalised educational and football development plan
- Fully-catered, on-site accommodation
⚽️ Fancy your chances as Mansfield Town’s next top player? ⚽️
The Elite Football Development Programme is designed for 16-21 year olds and based at our Brooksby Campus.
Unlike competing programmes where a 2-3 year route is offered at Level 2 or 3, Brooksby Melton College can provide a 5 year route which gives players the opportunity to continue to combine Football with their studies as they earn a BSc in Sports Science, validated by the University of East Anglia (UEA).
Anyone interested in finding out more information about the Elite Football Development Programme, contact Tommy Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org