We are delighted that following the recommendation of the Further Education Commissioner’s Structures and Prospects Appraisal the Corporations of Stephenson College and Brooksby Melton College have both agreed to merge. We see this very much as a merger of equal partners. Both colleges strongly believe that the two colleges becoming one will better serve the future needs of our students, employers and communities. Upon the merger, it is proposed to change the name of Brooksby Melton College to ‘The SMB Group’ with both colleges retaining their existing brands at a local level.
The merged College will:
- Significantly improve the learning opportunities, experience and environment for every student, positioning them as the first choice for potential employers and universities
- Provide capacity to enable sustainable investment in high quality resources, while demonstrating optimal use of our assets
- Provide employers with an outstanding proposition operating a one stop shop for all workforce development needs including apprenticeships
- Extend the capacity for development of our key asset, our people, sharing best practice, developing expertise,
- Encourage and nurture innovation to provide our new college with a competitive advantage
Our ambition is to improve life chances for individuals whilst shaping the future of further education in our region. We believe that this is an exciting and important opportunity for each of our colleges and we look forward to receiving your views on our proposal.
Our public consultation begins on 1st August and runs to the 2nd September 2019
A copy of the Consultation Document which includes details of how you can respond can be accessed here: https://stephensoncoll.ac.uk/smb-group-consultation.php